Side effects of junk foods
In today’s life junk foods are very appealing because of two “T”s: Time & Taste.
These are easy to prepare and most of them are available in market as ready to eat. Secondly, they have great taste as well. On top of these two factors, the third motivating factor is the advertising done by junk food vendors.
Let’s have a quick look of other side of the coin. Do your know how harmful are these junk foods? Here is a list of few good reasons to cut down the intake of junk foods:
- Junk foods contain much of sugar. So, eating junk food can make you prone to diabetes. You can also become susceptible to heart disease and blood pressure because of the salt and high fats found in this kind of food.
- Junk food makes you put on weight. Generally, people who have obesity or morbid obesity are those who have a preference for junk food and snacking.
- Packed junk food contains preservatives and colouring, both of which contain carcinogenic substances which are harmful for your body system specially cardiovascular system.
- Junk food is made using a lot of saturated fats. Such fats are unhealthy and on digestion can release a lot of toxins into your body. You body gets food but not healthy food.
- Junk foods also fastens the effects of aging. Continuous eating of junk food exposes the body to long periods of bad nutrition. The result is release of free radicals which are the chief factors responsible for aging effect.
- Junk food is sometime made using ingredients that are not very clean. This can in the long run spoil your stomach, liver and intestines.
- Most of the junk foods does not contain vitamins and minerals and much of the nutrients seen in properly cooked food and in raw food. The body is not getting the necessary vitamins and minerals necessary to have good health and immunity from diseases. Consequently, it makes the person having such food very prone to illnesses.
- In short summary, I can conclude that excessive intake of junk foods can lead to
- Lack of Energy
- Poor Concentration
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
Our bodies have enough stamina to take care off occasional junk food eating. But, the lure is strong enough to get you addicted.